[C++-sig] Boost.Python: few thoughts and questions...

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Tue Jun 17 03:55:44 CEST 2003

Hi people,

I implemented the changes we've discussed:

1) Disabling the generation of virtual wrappers

Done. I called the function no_override (because the user does not want
to override it in Python). I think another candidate would be final (as
suggested by Dave). I think "unvirtual" sounds a little werid. 8P

2) Policies for virtual member functions were being ignored

Fixed too, thanks to Roman for the patch!

3) Derived classes inheriting the bases' attributes even if the base
class is not exported.

Suppose you have a hierarchy like this:

A -> B -> C -> D

(ie, A is at the top of the hierarchy)

And you only want to export B and D. Then B will inherit A's methods and
attributes, D will inherit C's attributes and in Python the hierarchy
will be:

B -> D

as you would expect.

4) Exception specifiers in virtual member functions.

I will implement in the next couple of days, sorry!

Any comments or criticisms are welcome!
Thanks a lot to Dave and Roman for the discussion. And thanks Roman for
the patches and insights about the implementation, they were very useful.

Regards,
Nicodemus.