[C++-sig] Re: Pyste bug - static member functions...

Roman Sulzhyk roman_sulzhyk at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 03:29:02 CEST 2003

--- Nicodemus <nicodemus at globalite.com.br> wrote:

> Roman Sulzhyk wrote:
>
> >I see, it's not that simple to make it automagic... I do think that
> the
> >parsing step needs to be optionally exposed, so people can use it in
> >their makefiles to generate xml explicitely, and pass it in on the
> >command line, e.g.
> >
> >pyste --cache="{foo.h:foo.xml, faa.h:faa.xml}"
> >
> >or something like that.
> >

> What about my suggestion about --xml-dir?

Well, directory is fine also, however in my example passing and mapping
of pre-generated files to header files is explicit, hence build system
is responsible for checking appropriate expirations and re-generating
files as required. If pyste is to look them up implicitely in the
xml-cache directory, it's harder to communicate when they become
outdated. I basically approached it from the perspective that build
system knows better about dependencies between files and when something
needs to be refreshed.

However, maybe it's an overcomplication :) Either way is fine with me.