[C++-sig] Re: Pyste bug - static member functions...

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Wed Jun 18 04:03:15 CEST 2003

Roman Sulzhyk wrote:

>--- Nicodemus <nicodemus at globalite.com.br> wrote:
>

>>What about my suggestion about --xml-dir?
>>

>Well, directory is fine also, however in my example passing and mapping
>of pre-generated files to header files is explicit, hence build system
>is responsible for checking appropriate expirations and re-generating
>files as required. If pyste is to look them up implicitely in the
>xml-cache directory, it's harder to communicate when they become
>outdated. I basically approached it from the perspective that build
>system knows better about dependencies between files and when something
>needs to be refreshed.

 From my experience with SCons, it would actually simpler the other way.
You make your build system generate the gccxml files and the pyste
files. Whenever a header changes, the related gccxml file will be
rebuilt, and consequently the pyste file will be rebuilt also. With
--cache, you would have to make your build system generate the command
line with the dictionary-like syntax, which I believe would be more
complicated than a static command line "python pyste.py --module=foo
--xml-dir=xml-cache bar.pyste bah.pyste"?

>However, maybe it's an overcomplication :) Either way is fine with me.

I think --xml-dir is a better solution, unless I am missing something,
in which case I would be thankful if you could enlighten me. 8)