[C++-sig] Re: Interest in luabind

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Jun 19 14:12:18 CEST 2003

"dalwan01" <dalwan01 at student.umu.se> writes:

Abrahams:

>> They are.  Furthermore, to-python conversions for specific known
>> types can be fixed at compile-time.
>
> How can they be fixed at compile-time? Doesn't this mean
> bypassing the conversion system and not allowing multiple
> converters / type?

Given that when converting from C++ to Python, you only have a C++
type to work with and no Python type, there really can only be a
single way to do the conversion anyhow.  Given a to-python converter
for a given C++ type, there's no criterion by which to say, "this
converter doesn't match; try another"... unless of course you inspect
the value of the C++ object, but I don't allow that.

www.boost-consulting.com