[C++-sig] boost-python interface numarray to c++

Neal D. Becker nbecker at hns.com
Thu Jun 19 14:46:16 CEST 2003

I'm still exploring using boost-python.  I learned that I can wrap
std::vector<double> and std::vector<complex<double>>.  This allows me to
create arrays in python and then pass them to c++ algorithms that use
iterator interfaces.

It would probably be useful also to create arrays in python.  Is it
difficult to interface a python Numeric and/or numarray array to c++
stl-style iterator interface?

Incidentally, does anyone else work with numeric?  It seems that
Numeric-22.0 is the latest, and the web site points to numarray, but
numarray seems to be progressing very slowly.  Which one to use?