[C++-sig] cross-module shared_ptr downcast

Jon Anderson janders at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 26 17:23:52 CEST 2003

I have a Container that holds shared_ptr's to a Base class.  I can
successfully add and retrieve shared_ptrs to a Derived class, properly
downcasted on retrieval, as along as the bindings for both the Base and
Derived class are defined in the same module.  However, when I have the Base
class bindings defined in module A, and the Container and Derived class
bindings defined in module B, the down cast no longer happens.  Each module
is a separate .so.

Should this work, or am I limited to having them all in the same module in
order to make the downcasts work?

Thanks,
Jon