[C++-sig] call_method trouble?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Mar 10 20:11:34 CET 2003

"Dirk Ulbricht" <fxdirk at insanesoftware.de> writes:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I tested with the latest cvs, still the same results. I could narrow down
> the problem a bit, though. Only methods that are defined in the
> class-to-wrap can be called in the message handler, methods that are defined
> in the Wrapper (but not in the base class, like python_handle) are visible
> (print(dir(sender)) shows them) but they do not work.

That's weird because I just tried a small test here which worked just
fine.  Can you send a _really_ _minimal_ reproducible case that I can
use to diagnose the problem?

> Do you have any ideas on how to work around that?

I would have said, "Pass an FxObjectWrap* instead of an FxObject* to
pythonHandle", but my test seemed to prove that it wasn't
neccessary... and that matches my expectations since pointer
to-python conversions are supposed to undergo automatic downcasting
for polymorphic types.