[C++-sig] reproducing the bug (???) with -pedantic

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue May 6 16:35:29 CEST 2003

Giulio Eulisse <giulio.eulisse at cern.ch> writes:

>> try changing line 37 of make_ptr_instance.hpp from:
>>         PyTypeObject* derived = get_derived_class_object(is_polymorphic<U>::type(), p);
>>         PyTypeObject* derived = get_derived_class_object(typename is_polymorphic<U>::type(), p);
>> and let me know.
>
> It works! Thanks a lot!

Please let me know if you find any other problems with -pedantic.
You might even try some similar fixes; the compiler's last message
pointed me directly at that line.

I'm surprised you're not hearing a lot of complaints about `long long'
from the compiler; that's what happens to me when I use -pedantic.