[C++-sig] avoiding long long warning in boost

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 21:50:10 CEST 2003

--- Philippe Fremy <phil at freehackers.org> wrote:
I agree with David that it would be better to use 1_30_0 if you can.

> /usr/src/boost_1_29_0/boost/python/operators.hpp:184:42: warning: pasting
> "operator" and "+" does not give a valid preprocessing token

These you can get rid off by removing the ## between operator and op:

Old: operator##op
New: operator op

> /usr/src/boost_1_29_0/boost/type_traits/is_integral.hpp:43: warning: ISO C++
>    does not support `long long'

You could maybe use -Wno-long-long.

I find that -Wall and -pedantic are just giving me a hard time without doing
much good. In general we use "g++ -w" at our place. We rely on EDG-based
compilers (i.e. the Intel compiler) to ensure that our code is clean. The EDG
error messages and warnings are vastly more useful than gcc's.

Do you Yahoo!?