[C++-sig] Re: Mac OS 10 success

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 19:21:11 CEST 2003

--- David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > In the meantime I've done some cleanup work. I attach the essential
> compilation
> > commands for easy consumption.
>
> Thanks, but:
>
>     Would you like to write up an HTML or Wiki page on what it takes to
>     get this to work?  We currently have a FAQ answer which says "OSX?
>     nope!"

One thing at a time.

1. When using -O3 almost all my extensions abort with a segmentation fault or
bus error (but they all work with -O0). I'd really like to know if the
type_with_alignment problems cause the crashes.

2. I think it would be best if you or Rene could modify the darwin toolset to
make it work for Boost.Python. Then we wouldn't have to post the compiler and
linker commands, people could just try it out and refer to the bjam output.

3. I could add an entry to the FAQ explaining how to work around the
"unresolved symbols" problem (using class_<dummy>).

Ralf