[C++-sig] instantiating python objects within C++

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Sun May 25 16:05:48 CEST 2003

hi there,

to give this discussion another twist: ideally
I'd like to be able not only to instantiate the
(python wrapper) object in C++, I'd also like
to decouple the lifecycle of the C++ object and
its python wrapper.
I'd like to have my C++ object instantiated long
before the wrapper, i.e. I'd like to instantiate
the wrapper around an existing object for the
sole purpose of being able to manipulate it
from within a script that is temporarily loaded
and executed once, during the lifetime of the
application.

Is that possible ? If not, where can I look for
hints at how to add such functionality ? (intuition
tells me this should be easy to add, if it isn't
already present...)

Thanks for any hints,

		Stefan