[C++-sig] Re: Mac OS 10 success

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 06:11:36 CEST 2003

--- Rene Rivera <grafik666 at redshift-software.com> wrote:
> OK, all those changes are now in CVS, in some form or other.

Cool! I think the toolset is pretty close now, although there are still quite a
few errors.

> >/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -lpython2.3
> >
> >I am not sure what to do here because I am not familiar with embedding,
> >but I think
> >-L"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/config"
> >has no effect and should be omitted everywhere.
>
> I have no clue either about embeding either. But in a hope of having it not
> error I removed the -lpython2.3 for the embeding targets.

The linker also doesn't know about -ldl and -lutil. After removing these there
is one undefined symbol, but it is almost certainly not due to missing
libraries since similar errors appears while linking some other extension
modules. Therefore I'd suggest that we remove -ldl and -lutil from the toolset.

Unfortunately the undefined symbols do not go away with my class_<dummy> trick.
In one case rearranging the code helped but in other cases I couldn't find a
workaround (I guess I am just lucky that all my own code works anyway). Maybe
the Boost.Python regression tests have to wait for another gcc release. In the
meantime we can keep submitting bug reports to GNU. At least we are far enough
now so that this is feasible.

Ralf