[C++-sig] Converting CString to/from std::string

Nikolai Kirsebom nikolai at micon.no
Tue May 27 01:40:46 CEST 2003

I have a rather large set of C++ classes I want to make accessible
(initially only parts of some of the classes) from Python.  I cannot
change the classes as they are defined and used throughout a large
application.  Some of the methods take CString as parameters and others
return CString values.

Does anyone have suggestion on how I can convert these parameters so
that I can use Boost.Python to generate the wrapper code.

Thanks for any help.
Nikolai Kirsebom

PS: My posting earlier today
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2003-May/004065.html has in the
example code a method returning a CString and this was the problem (as
correctly pointed out by Brett Calcott).