[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Nov 3 03:13:01 CET 2003

On Nov 2, 2003, at 8:42 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Ralf is there a chance you could do some test to see how one can
> select the
> version of the frameowrk one links against? I'd really like to know if
> it's
> possible as the Apple documentation only alludes to one being able to
> do it
> but doesn't tell you how.

-F will alter the search path for frameworks, just like -L for libraries
The normal search path is something like:
	~/Library/Frameworks
	/Library/Frameworks
	/Network/Library/Frameworks
	/System/Library/Frameworks

On Panther, you want it to find Python.framework in
/System/Library/Frameworks, so don't install another Python anywhere
else if you're on Panther.

-bob