[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 03:18:55 CET 2003

--- Rene Rivera <grafik.list at redshift-software.com> wrote:
> Yes... That is the state of my first attempts at using Apples compiler.
> Things compile and link, but tests would hang indefinately. At the time, and
> mostly now also, I didn't have direct access to a MacOSX machine so I didn't
> know more than that.

It's not "direct", but you still have the account on our machine. Email me for
details if necessary/interesting.

> Ralf is there a chance you could do some test to see how one can select the
> version of the frameowrk one links against? I'd really like to know if it's
> possible as the Apple documentation only alludes to one being able to do it
> but doesn't tell you how.

I've only one framework installed (I've wiped out the 2.2 version). Learning
how to select between framework versions will only be really interesting once
we know it works at least with the one that I have currently installed.

BTW: On the same machine with the same Python gcc 3.3.1 from gcc.gnu.org works
without a problem incl. full optimization.

Ralf