Partial success Re: [C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Nov 5 03:36:56 CET 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 9:26 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> [2003-11-04] Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
>
>> --- Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>>> That's because it's wrong, this is right:
>>> c++ -bundle -framework Python -o libtbx/list_ext.so
>>> boost/libs/python/test/list.os -Llibtbx
>>> -L/net/worm/scratch1/rwgk/hot/libtbx -lboost_python -lm
>>
>> Yes, indeed, it works! This also works:
>>
>> c++ -bundle -o libtbx/dict_ext.so boost/libs/python/test/dict.os
>> -Llibtbx
>> -L/net/worm/scratch1/rwgk/hot/libtbx -framework Python -lboost_python
>> -lm
>>
>> So the order does not seem to be important. I was just missing the
> -framework
>> Python bit. Sorry for the oversight.
>
> No problem... I'll fix Boost.Build, including the other problem you
> mentioned, after dinner ;-)

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to Boost.Python working on OS X
(platform of choice).. I've never really had the opportunity to play
with it, as much as I'd like to (which is almost to the point where I'd
play with it from linux or win32 machines).  Feel free to email me
directly if you'd like to about any other OS X-ism, would like help
packaging Boost.Python for OS X, etc.

-bob