[C++-sig] Re: Boost.Python scope

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 7 18:16:51 CET 2003

Nicolas Fleury wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> Hi Nicolas,
>> Nicolas Fleury wrote:
>>> complete C++ API?  Or at least add a function to execute python code
>>> and store the result in a boost::python::object?
>> what you ask for is already there. I'm using it at work every day ;-)
>> A+
>>         Stefan
> Hi Stefan,
>     I guess I miss something in the doc... So how do I execute something
> like "import pickle; pickle.load(open('myfile'))" and store the result
> in a boost::python::object?  (or any better way)

python provides a couple of interfaces to deal with objects in general,
and specific types (dicts, strings, tuples, etc.) in particular. These
are mapped to C++ in boost.python, and the docs are here:

the only missing thing is the execution of a little python snippet
(file or string), which is described at

hope this helps,