[C++-sig] Re: Unit test script problem with boost

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 13:25:44 CET 2003

John Slater <john_slater33 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem using unittest script with Boost.
>
> I have a class as Command which is exposed to python through Boost.
> If I run a failUnlessRaises() from python as below
>
> def testFunctionBounds(self):
>     command = Command()
>     self.failUnlessRaises(ValueError, command.Command, -1)
>
> This gives error saying
>
> apply(callableObj, args, kwargs)
> TypeError: Bad argument type for built-in operation.
>
> This works fine if the Class is in python.
>
> Looking for a suggetion from ur end.

I suggest you supply more details :-) Guessing wildly anyway, could it
be that Boost.Python is just raising a different type of exception for
the same problem? In that case, an easy solution would be to make the
test robust enough to accept either type of exception.

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)