[C++-sig] Re: Unit test script problem with boost

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 13:25:44 CET 2003

John Slater <john_slater33 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have a problem using unittest script with Boost.
> I have a class as Command which is exposed to python through Boost.
> If I run a failUnlessRaises() from python as below
> def testFunctionBounds(self):
>     command = Command()
>     self.failUnlessRaises(ValueError, command.Command, -1)
> This gives error saying
> apply(callableObj, args, kwargs)
> TypeError: Bad argument type for built-in operation.
> This works fine if the Class is in python.
> Looking for a suggetion from ur end.

I suggest you supply more details :-) Guessing wildly anyway, could it
be that Boost.Python is just raising a different type of exception for
the same problem? In that case, an easy solution would be to make the
test robust enough to accept either type of exception.

Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)