[C++-sig] Re: boost::python::range and duplicate comdat under MSVC 6

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 11:44:59 CET 2003

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> OK, I've gone with a static variable in register_class_from_python to
>> force construction of the shared_ptr_from_python. This is wrapped in
>> MSVC6 workaround guards, so that other compilers still use a
>> class-static variable. No real reason for doing this, except that it
>> would probably affect the initialization order on other platforms
>> unnecessarily, and I just like to minimize the impact of fixes.
>
> I think I prefer having only one version for all compilers.  It will
> be very mysterious indeed if people see different behavior on the
> different platforms.

OK, if you'd prefer it that way I'll change it. On the other hand, the
initialization order is not fully specified by the standard, so I
think inter-platform differences are to be expected anyway. What I was
trying to avoid was that upgrading from 1.30 to 1.31 would alter
things on the *same* platform. I think it's unlikely to be a big
issue, though, so I'll make the change before comitting.

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)