[C++-sig] PyErr_Print()

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 16:09:03 CET 2003

Hi All

I'm new to Boost.Python as of yesterday, but I have successfully
integrated it into a C++ applciation. However, this has left me with a
couple of questions:

1. Is there a version of PyErr_Print() that I can use to copy the
exception message to a std::string (so I can throw my own exception)
instead of std::err?

2. I retrieve the output from my python scripts in the following way:

std::string sal = extract<char*>( main_namespace["result"] );

Is this the best way? I'm concerned that it may leak?

Thanks!

Regards
Paul

Please note the change of email address!

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Web: www.paulgrenyer.co.uk