[C++-sig] Re: New indexing suite nearing review readiness

Joel de Guzman joel at boost-consulting.com
Mon Oct 6 20:28:37 CEST 2003

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve <rwgk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Joel de Guzman <djowel at softhome.net> wrote:
>> I've never had any problems with branches at all. I see no reason why you
>> can't
>> play with the new indexing suite while sitting on a separate branch.  My main
>> Boost (and Spirit) directory has directories from different branches. When I
>> find a branch stable, I merge it to the head. What "more problems" are you
>> referring to in particular?
>
> Never mind, if you have strong feelings I'll try to adjust.
> Ralf

Well, no, I don't have a strong objection. Really ;) It's just that when there are
2 potentially conflicting versions, one that will supersede the other, I find
branching as the cleanest approach. I'm not a CVS expert, however, so
I could be missing something that you guys already know.

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com