[C++-sig] Re: Pyste suggestion: MSVC precompiled headers support

Mike Rovner mike at nospam.com
Tue Oct 7 00:29:48 CEST 2003

Nicodemus wrote:
> Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
>> Pyste output could be exactly the same on all platforms. -- Too much
>> wishful thinking?
> could implement a --msvc option, I just didn't thought about that. 8)
> Opinions?

Ralf suggested and I second opinion that generated code shall be exactly
same and
not depends on the platform it was generated. All neccessary platform
dependancies
shall be included in the code itself like the PCH example garded by #if
directives.

Another approach was suggested some time ago - deeply integrate pyste and
BPL so
that pyste (python) can actualy be used (almost) instead of C preprocessor.
For now AIUC it's too far fetched.

Mike