[C++-sig] Re: New indexing suite available on indexing_v2 branch

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 18:07:59 CEST 2003

--- Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Thanks Raoul for the quick fixes. It works for me, too. I'll try out some other
platforms now.

> One other problem was that vector::size_type doesn't
> seem to be unsigned int, so passing 0 was ambiguous in one case of
> overloads on size_type and vector::iterator (presumably a pointer
> type).

Tru64 Unix is, ehmm, a true 64 bit platform. std::size_t is unsigned long.
Under 32-bit Linux std::size_t is unsigned int which is the same as unsigned
long. Therefore the compiler cannot detect incorrected uses of unsigned int
instead of std::size_t. Compiling under Tru64 brings these glitches to light.
Ralf