[C++-sig] Linux Intel compiler exception problems in Python

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 20:10:02 CEST 2003

--- Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> This could mean that if Python was compiled with gcc, then icc
> compiled extension modules cannot use C++ exceptions (although the
> copy of Python I'm using doesn't depend on anything called
> libgcc_s.so).

Thanks for the clue! I've compiled Python 2.3 with the icc compiler. When
compiling Boost.Python modules against that Python installation the exception
handling problems seem to be gone (I did not run all tests yet). Very, very
good!

Raoul, to try it out on our machine enter

setup py23icc70

before running the libtbx/configure.py command.

Ralf

P.S.: This is what I did to compile Python with the icc compiler:

./configure CC=icc --prefix=/your/choice
After configure finishes edit the Makefile and comment out
#BASECFLAGS=     -OPT:Olimit=0
Then:
make
make install