[C++-sig] Pyste suggestion: MSVC precompiled headers support

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 11 01:13:34 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 18:46, Niall Douglas wrote:
> The PCH file must be the FIRST include and the ONLY precompiled
> header for v3.4 of GCC at least (I'm guessing they'll improve this
> with time). For MSVC you can have as many headers as you like before
> the #pragma hdrstop. It should be the user's responsibility to ensure
> common.h includes <boost/python.hpp> and anything else.
>
> The above gives the maximum flexibility to users AFAICS. Comments
> from the group?
>
> Cheers,
> Niall

I tried out a CVS version of GCC a few days ago to try out the PCH
support in the next compiler.  It ICEed with a segmentation fault when
trying to compile a header file that only included boost/python.hpp.
Given that failure, my only comment is that it will be hard to
operationally test Pyste's support for PCH with GCC.

-Jonathan Brandmeyer