[C++-sig] g++ bug (Was: Pyste suggestion: MSVC precompiled headers support)

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 11 04:01:17 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 19:57, David Abrahams wrote:
> Jonathan Brandmeyer <jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net> writes:
> > I tried out a CVS version of GCC a few days ago to try out the PCH
> > support in the next compiler.  It ICEed with a segmentation fault when
> > trying to compile a header file that only included boost/python.hpp.
> > Given that failure, my only comment is that it will be hard to
> > operationally test Pyste's support for PCH with GCC.
>
> Did you report the bug to the GCC maintainers?

I have been attempting to reduce the size of the test case.  It is
currently down to about 1MB, produced by compiling only
boost/python/converter/registry.hpp.  I'm not sufficiently familiar with
Boost.Python's internals to shrink it down any farther.

The error was:
In file included from
/usr/include/boost/python/converter/registry.hpp:12:
/usr/include/boost/python/converter/rvalue_from_python_data.hpp: At
global scope:
/usr/include/boost/python/converter/rvalue_from_python_data.hpp:100:
internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

I went ahead and submitted a bug report, but if you know a way to trim
down that case, the GCC maintainers would probably appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Jonathan Brandmeyer