[C++-sig] Re: C arrays mk 2

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Thu Oct 16 00:50:21 CEST 2003

On 15 Oct 2003 at 15:23, David Abrahams wrote:

>  > I
> > don't know - all of that C-style array stuff looks like doing things
> > the hard way to me.
>
> At least he's having fun ;-)

And learning stuff too. I think my next stage will be typelist
support, then functors, then finally the IPC messaging classes. I
won't be using boost because (a) it's overkill and (b) I could do
with learning this stuff myself and like typing in BASIC programs
from magazine listings during the 80's, DIY is the right way.

Anyway, apart from a few small bits to tidy up in pyste which I'll
take up with Bruno, you won't be seeing too much more of me in here
from today onwards (I hope anyway). I'll still be around, just off
pestering other groups and hopefully answering queries in my own
group.

I can't thank both of you enough for your assistence. I know you guys
get dozens of newbies wandering in here every month and it can get
annoying, but you've really come through for me here, and I
appreciate it.

Just FYI, the project you've advanced is at
http://www.nedprod.com/TnFOX/. I am confident that when it's finished
it will be *the* non-commercial GUI abstraction toolkit, perhaps even
giving WxWindows a run for its money :)

Cheers,
Niall