[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Sean Spicer saspicer at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 23:12:52 CET 2003

Hi Everyone,

I've just managed to get boost.python built on Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)
using the default Xcode tools that shipped with with the OS.  To do so
however, I've had to do a nasty hack, and I'm wondering if someone can
point me to a better way of doing things.

Namely, the hack involves modifying the (CVS head)
<boostroot>/tools/build/darwin-tools.jam file so that lines 160 & 172
read:

-framework Python

instead of

-framework$(_)$FRAMEWORKS

This was the only thing that allowed me to avoid the following link
line when compiling:

-framework
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python

which does not exist.

I tried the command line option to bjam, e.g....

bjam "-sTOOLS=darwin <framework>Python"

to no avail.  Anyone have any hints as to how to avoid this nastiness ?

cheers,

sean

Sean A. Spicer

pgp key fingerprint: 8CED 19B7 3A3A BF54 B8E8  FB11 E044 F6B8 1585 9D54
pgp public key available at www.keyserver.net or pgp.mit.edu (KEY ID:
15859D54)