[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Rene Rivera grafik.list at redshift-software.com
Tue Oct 28 23:21:38 CET 2003

[2003-10-28] Sean Spicer wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>
>I've just managed to get boost.python built on Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)
>using the default Xcode tools that shipped with with the OS.  To do so
>however, I've had to do a nasty hack, and I'm wondering if someone can
>point me to a better way of doing things.
>
>Namely, the hack involves modifying the (CVS head)
><boostroot>/tools/build/darwin-tools.jam file so that lines 160 & 172
>read:
>
>-framework Python
>
>instead of
>
>-framework$(_)$FRAMEWORKS
>
>This was the only thing that allowed me to avoid the following link
>line when compiling:
>
>-framework
>/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Python
>
>which does not exist.

Where does your Python framework live? What are you setting PYTHON_ROOT to,
if anything?

I'm asking because if it's not there I'm not sure how you are getting the
includes to work at all.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq