[C++-sig] Re: Problems loading installed extensions: help needed

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Sep 11 05:34:00 CEST 2003

"Mike Rovner" <mike at nospam.com> writes:

> eric andersonT wrote:
>> Was NativeDummy.so built with the DEBUG preprocessor flag defined? I
>> could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that if you built the module
>> with the DEBUG flag, you must load it with a debug build of the python
>> interpreter.
> You are mistaken. I successfully use regular python with debug bpl and my
> code.

That's because you use Boost.Build, isn't it?  Most problems building
or running Boost.Python extensions come from getting "creative" with
build systems ;->.  Jose, please try your test using Boost.Build first
according to the instructions at

(or, if you're using the CVS version,

It's fairly painless, and once you've done it that way you can
translate the results to happen under distutils or whatever your
preferred method might be.