[C++-sig] Re: (no subject)

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 13:03:14 CEST 2003

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:
[snip]
>>> Well, my point was that I thought it was more useful and safer to
>>> encode the acquisition method in the type.
>>>
>>> Could be wrong, though.
>>
>> It also seems safer to me, since the base class constructor is
>> protected. On the other hand, maybe removing the plain pointer
>> overload for handle<>::handle() would be just as good?
>
> Can't do that without providing a new_reference(...) wrapper.

That's more or less what I was thinking, too. Is this a bad idea?

>> --
>> Raoul Gough.
>> (setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)
>
> Interesting sig.  Do you want me to `C-x C-e' it?

Well, sure. Unless you think it's a Trojan horse :-) I was trying to
think of a handy Emacs feature from my .emacs to publicize, but
dabbrev was all I came up with. Maybe I should move on to

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.py\\'" . python-mode))

--
Raoul Gough.
(add-hook 'python-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)