[C++-sig] wrap_python.hpp errors on Mac OS X

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 09:34:53 CEST 2004

--- James Mastro <jmastro at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> When I add the include path above, there's no problems finding the
> files, thanks. But I get the errors in convertible.hpp relating to
> these lines:
>
>      static inline no_convertible check(...) { return 0; }
>      static inline yes_convertible check(Target) { return 0; }
>
> "error: storage class specified for typename" is what I get on the
> first line above. Then a bunch of other files have problems,because of
> this I assume.

Doesn't look familiar. I think we need to know exactly what you are trying to
compile.

> I'm building an app right in Xcode, and trying to include
> <boost/python.hpp>. Should I not be attempting this?

Is this from within some GUI? I'm compiling exclusively from the command line.
But I suspect that compilation should also work from within the GUI *if* you
get all the setting right.

See also my posting from a few minutes ago. You can do the same under OS 10.3
and in this case I know it works (but look at the Mac OS X notes!). I.e. you
can copy the compilation commands from the output that you see.

Ralf