[C++-sig] MSVC and exposing virtual member functions

Xavier xavier at noreality.net
Wed Apr 21 15:09:18 CEST 2004

I know similar problems have been covered before, but I couldn't find
anything about the error I'm getting. I've been wading around the
documentation for a while and find myself going in circles :S

I compiled boost 1.31 using VC6, with the appropriate fix in inheritance.hpp

I've attached the code I'm trying to get to compile, the error I'm
getting is:

inheritance.hpp(100) : error C2243: 'type cast' : conversion from 'class
BaseWrap *' to 'class Base *' exists, but is inaccessible

I pretty much copied the code from the tutorial. Could the part I
commented out during the boost compile be causing this error?

On a slightly unrelated note, I downloaded the MSVC 2003 Toolkit from MS
with the 7.1 compiler - Can I just copy the files in there over the top
of my VC6 files, or do I need to do any extra setup?

Also, as a MSVC project, should I be compiling this sort of thing as a DLL?

- Xavier