[C++-sig] Boost.Python and gcc 3.4

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 29 18:05:12 CEST 2004

   I get the following error message when running my Python module
after building everything (but Python) with gcc 3.4.0...

ImportError: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.3' not found (required
by /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

Running the same C++ code with a main program, i.e. not via
Python/boost, there's no problem.  Any clues?

Some things I've tried...

There's a libgcc_s.so.1 installed in /usr/local/lib.   So I try
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which I don't normally set) to
/usr/local/lib.  Then running my program from Python via Boost crashes
initializing the first basic_string.   Or, in another variation of my
program in initiaizing an ifstream with the debugger looking for

../../../../gcc-3.3.3/stdc++v3/ios.cc

This source file is not on my machine, so it seems to say I'm linking
against a library in /usr/lib which is incompatible with my build of
gcc in /usr/local/lib.