[C++-sig] numarray, lvalue_from_pytype

Neal D. Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 6 16:35:24 CEST 2004

I'm trying to write some c++ functions to be interfaced with numarray.  I
ran into this:

 TypeError: No registered converter was able to extract a C++ reference to
type s_PyArrayObject from this Python object of type NumArray

I thought I'd use lvalue_from_pytype like this:
lvalue_from_pytype<extract_identity<s_PyArrayObject>, &_numarray_type>();

Problem is, _numarray_type is declared static, so the symbol is not visible.
In fact, this is right out of the model python type extension code, so it
would typically be the case that the PyTypeObject is static in the defining
module.

Any suggestions?