[C++-sig] Re: My latest project

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sun Aug 15 04:56:28 CEST 2004

Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at verizon.net> writes:

> OK, I agree the previous version sucked.

I wouldn't go that far.

> Here is a new one I think is much
> better.
>
> The boost-python code is simple, and I'm not including it.  The
> harder part is to supply the underlying c++ library for doing the
> vector-vector and vector-scalar arithmetic.  I think I have a pretty
> good design for that, which I'd like to share.

I think you're posting in the wrong forum then.

I have only 2 quick comments in this one:

1. You should never use std::[binary|unary]_function because it
   suppresses EBO.  Consider what happens when you have a
   compressed_pair<minus<int>,plus<int> >.

2. Isn't something appropriate already present in uBlas?

Cheers,
http://www.boost-consulting.com