[C++-sig] Re: creating an instance of a class_<> object in c++ and exporting it to python

dique chezdique at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 04:26:20 CEST 2004

I think my sample code illustrates exactly what you want. Perhaps you should compile and run it?
The reason that I use ObjectWrap as the HeldType is because you can't do object(a) for a raw
pointer 'a', but you can do object(objectWrapOfA) where objectWrapOfA = ObjectWrap(a).

By the way, your code should work if you make a few changes.

>    PythonTypeA.def("A", &A::dummy);

should be PythonTypeA.def("dummy", &A::dummy);

>  object python_object_a = (*PythonTypeAPtr)(2); // <<<<<<==========
remove the above line

>  python_object_a = py_get_existing();

Just need to do this:
object python_object_a = py_get_existing();