[C++-sig] Re: Boost 1.32 and Python 2.4

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 6 16:37:49 CET 2004

> Nicolas Fleury wrote:
>> Finally, does boost 1.32 supports Python 2.4?

> So I guess there's no official answer.  If I plan to switch to 1.32
> and 2.4, is it recommended to use a more recent version of
> Boost.Python?  Is the CVS version suppose to work with 1.32?  Does
> it use the relatively "stable" public interface of other Boost
> libraries, or does it use some internals that may have changed since
> 1.32 branching?  Any help on direction to take is very appreciated.
> Thx and regards, Nicolas

   I switched to boost 1.32.0 and Python 2.4 with no problems.   I
least, I think I did, but did not get the warnings about
_POSIX_C_SOURCE when I compiled boost.   This makes me think that
maybe seting the environment variable PYTHON_VERSION to 2.4 didn't
actually work.   I don't know how to verify that boost really did
compile with Python 2.4 installed in /usr/local instead of Python 2.2
in /usr.