[C++-sig] Re: Manipulating arguments with CallPolicies::precall?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Feb 2 23:23:40 CET 2004

Arve Knudsen <aknuds-1 at broadpark.no> writes:

> Hi
>
> I want to wrap a native C Python object in a C++ object that takes
> care of constructing and destructing it properly

I don't understand.  Do you mean something akin to
boost::python::list, or something entirely different?

> (there isn't any way
> to specify custom allocation/deallocation routines are
> there?)

I don't understand the question.  allocation/deallocation routines
for what?

> However, I would like to send this object directly to the
> associated routines (its part of an existing Python extension).

What associated routines.

> I haven't found any direct support for this kind of thing within
> boost::python, since everything seems strongly tied to the contained
> type (my wrapping C++ class). But, I figured it might be possible to
> manipulate the Python argument tuple within CallPolicies::precall?

Sorry, I'm completely lost.  I suggest you show some code that
demonstrates what you'd like to be able to do, but which isn't
supported.

I didn't try very hard to understand the rest of the message, because
I didn't even get this far :(