[C++-sig] abstract templates and pyste question.

Hanz Meizer steam at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Feb 16 16:51:28 CET 2004

Dear list,

I've tried to wrap an abstract template using pyste. Unfortunately, I
somehow do not get it to work properly. Maybe there's someone out there
who can help? Using boot-1.31. The main problem seems that I have a
hierarchy of templates where the base template is abstract. I get tons
of error messages, I assume I'd have to tell pyste that the base
template has to have a no_init keyword. Unfortunately, I haven't found
out how to do this.

example template:

template<class T>
class PreProcessor
{
public:
   PreProcessor() {}
   virtual ~PreProcessor() {}

   virtual const int getSize(void) = 0;
   virtual T* getObject(int id) = 0;
};

Can anyone tell me how to export such constructs using pyste? If that is
not possible, maybe there's a working method for boost.python?

H.