[C++-sig] Redirecting the bjam output

Shukla, Nitin (Export) nitin.shukla at pw.utc.com
Wed Feb 18 22:21:06 CET 2004

Sorry if I caused any confusion. What I am wondering is this?

Whenever I build my module from inside the Boost project tree my build
output i.e. *.pyd, *.lib etc. files are generated under following directory
structure:

${BOOSTROOT}/bin/boost/libs/python/${Currentfolder_name}/${BOOST_PYTHON_MODU
LE}.pyd/${-sTOOLS}/${-sBUILD}

If I build say the 'example' or the 'tutorials' that comes with the boost
directory the outputs go to the above path. But if I build a module outside
the boost project directory, the bjam tool creates the following directory
structure under the current working folder to output the *.pyd and other
files.

currentworkingdirectory/bin/${Currentfolder_name}/${BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE}.pyd
/${-sTOOLS}/${-sBUILD}

I want that the .pyd and other files to be generated under
"currentworkingdirectory" rather the above directory structure. If
redirection can happen for modules built from boost project tree, I feel I
should be able to generate outputs in my current working folder.

Nitin