[C++-sig] Re: New slice implementation

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 02:10:19 CET 2004

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner on this.

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 12:13, David Abrahams wrote:
> Jonathan Brandmeyer <jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net> writes:

> >> Not that you're insane; it's your editor ;-)
> >
> > I understand.  Its fixed, I think.
> >
> >> Note also:
> >>
> >>   slice::get_indicies(RandomAccessIterator const& begin, RandomAccessIterator const& end);
> >>
> >> Is probably too wide and should be wrapped:
> >>
> >>   slice::get_indicies(
> >>       RandomAccessIterator const& begin, RandomAccessIterator const& end);
> >
> > Done.
>
> Much better.  Preformatted text is still too wide in places (including
> the one I pointed at above, sorry).

Fixed.  Text within <pre> blocks is formatted to stay within 80 columns.

> Also, the Throws clause from
> get_indicies leaves out which Python exception is raised.  You should
> use the "raise" term as defined here:
>
> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/definitions.html#raise

Done.

> So you can avoid writing error_already_set over and over.  You can use
> a hyperlink if you think it's needed for clarity.
>
> I think with those small changes it will be ready.  Send me your
> sourceforge user id (the textual one) and I'll give you Boost CVS
> access so you can check this in yourself.

My Sourceforge ID is "jbrandmeyer".  There is also (hopefully only) one
remaining detail.  How exactly is the testsuite driven?  Or, phrased
differently, what do I need to do to get the tests to run automatically
when you execute `bjam test`?

Thanks,
Jonathan Brandmeyer