[C++-sig] Re: compile errors with embedding example from tutorial

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Fri Jul 2 17:38:31 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:27:08 +0000 (UTC), Faheem Mitha
<faheem at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> Thanks. However, I am not sure which version of the test/embedding.cpp
> you are referring to. The version at
> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/test/embedding.cpp which I assume is
> the current CVS, is the same as the version in 1.31, and neither of
> them have the code you refer to.
>
> In any case, does the code you refer to define an extension module
> which embeds the interpreter and can be called from Python? Because
> that is the case I am interested in. I have been unable to find any
> examples out there along these lines, despite some effort.
>
> The current version of test/embedding.cpp that I have seen is a C++
> executable, and the extension module defined there is called within
> the interpreter that is embedded in this executable. This is not the
> same as what I am trying to do.

Having found this code on the net (by doing a Google search) I see
that it indeed does not satisfy the criteria I described. There is no
extension module here. It defines some functions which imbed the
interpreter and then executes them in main.

Does the case I described even work? I am not interested in an
executable. Like I said, I have yet to see any examples out there.

Maybe I'm missing something. I don't see what, though.

                                                          Faheem.