[C++-sig] Injecting python derived C++ types at runtime in embedded environment

Ingo Luetkebohle ingo at fargonauten.de
Sat Jul 10 00:17:41 CEST 2004

Am Sa, den 10.07.2004 schrieb Brian Hall um 0:01:
> Should I expose the types using the BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE macro? Or can I expose
> them after PyInitialize directly into the __main__ namespace?  Is it possible
> to reevaluate the code and have it update the derived class or will I have to
> purge the globals in some fashion?

Boost.Python helps you a lot with making the C++ types available to
Python at all.  The results is a module that you can import.

After having created the module,  you have to make it available to the
python script.  Just use a normal import statement, that will work as
usual.  If the user provides the python script, you can prepend the
statement the top, before compiling it.

regards

--
Ingo

Soll doch jeder bleiben, wie er gerne wäre.