[C++-sig] boost.python on linux using bjam

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at actimize.com
Mon Jul 19 08:53:32 CEST 2004

	Hi. I am trying to compile boost.python on Linux so far without success.
The reason: I can't setup python location.
The tools I am using are:
	bjam 3.1.10 with build system 2 ( bjam --v2 ).
	Python 2.3.
	gentoo 2004.1

Detailes:
I have 2 problems:
	1. Where should I write PYTHON_ROOT and PYTHON_VERSION?
	   I don't want to pass this as parameters to bjam.
	   I read http://tinyurl.com/5fz2o but it doesn't say where to write them.
	2. It seams that Jamfile.v2 works only with python 2.2
	   and also doesn't use PYTHON_ROOT and PYTHON_VERSION.
	   I can try to fix Jamfile.v2
	   ( I am sure I will need help with this ).

Thanks.

Roman