[C++-sig] boost and threads

Peter Bradshaw flatfeetpete at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 22:11:21 CEST 2004

Hello all. Apologies if this is a dupe. It's the second time I've sent
it, but it didn't seem to get thru first time.

My Aim:
An app where embedded python scripts control a number of C++ analysis
functions that are run over a bunch of mp3's. The idea is that each
thread would do a PyRunSimpleString or similar to run a python
function that controls and organises the analysis of an mp3. The
dispatch/organisation of mp3 selection could be handled in a thread
safe manner in C++.

Q:
I'm aware that there's probably some Python/C API stuff I have to
learn/implement, but I'm curious if boost::python will play nicely in
this situation. That is, if different objects of the same wrapped
class being accessed from diffferent threads will I have issues?

Thanks for your time.

Pete.