[C++-sig] Re: pyste patch for new-style polymorphism

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Jul 28 17:48:16 CEST 2004

Roman Yakovenko <roman_yakovenko at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi. I wrote pyste patch for new-style polymorphism.
> I testes it. It seems to work fine, without breaking
> anything else.
> Patch description: patch consist from 2 files. The
> first
> one is pyste_future.py. It purpose is similar to
> "import ??? from future". It defines call_dispatch
> boolean constant. The second one is edited
> ClassExporter.py. Also
> I send difference file.

FYI,

1. you need to keep the old approach for handling default virtual
   function implementations in there, *in addition* to using the new
   approach.

2. When calling an override, you still need to use ptr(x) and ref(x)
   as appropriate to pass pointers and references.

Cheers,
http://www.boost-consulting.com