[C++-sig] How to specify a double return type?

brett hartshorn bhartsho at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 09:00:53 CET 2004

I have a type called dReal, that can either be a float or double number type, depending on the
build options.  A member function in my class returns a dReal type, this is giving me problems in
Boost.  I am still new to boost, so i am not sure what to do.

Here is the error i get:
/usr/include/boost/python/detail/invoke.hpp:93: error: no match for call to `(
   boost::python::detail::specify_a_return_value_policy_to_wrap_functions_returning<const
   dReal*>) (const dReal*)'

I've tried to use:
   return_internal_reference<>()
   return_value_policy<manage_new_object>())
   return_value_policy<reference_existing_object>()
but to no avail.

Also i have member functions that take in a dReal number.  What is the best way to pass that
function a dReal type?  Or can i just pass floats and doubles in python and boost will treat those
as a dReal?

thanks,
-brett