[C++-sig] Re: using map_indexing_suite: make_tuple ambiguous?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Sat May 1 03:28:44 CEST 2004

Dave Berton <db at nec-labs.com> writes:

> I am trying to wrap a std::map<> using the map_indexing_suite<>, however
> I am getting 'call of overloaded make_tuple() is ambiguous'.  The

The compiler is right.  There's a bug in map_indexing_suite.hpp (or
the C++ language definition; darned ADL again!)

You should change line 95 from:

            return "(%s, %s)" % make_tuple(e.first, e.second);

            return "(%s, %s)" % python::make_tuple(e.first, e.second);

Joel, will you add Dave Berton's change to the test suite, then make
this change in CVS and verify that it fixes things?

Thanks!

http://www.boost-consulting.com