[C++-sig] Re: passing a unicode string from python to c++ std::wstring

andrew acorriga at cs.stevens-tech.edu
Sat May 1 18:40:25 CEST 2004

As I mentioned in an old thread, this is with MSVC 7,  compiled in
release mode, with boost_python.lib

It wasn't as simple as just passing a string greater than 7 characters
that made it crash.  I was using a map in the functions where it
crashed.  But you'll see that something that works for a string with 7
characters, does not for a string with 8 characters.

The simplest test case I could make:

main.cpp compiled into a dll in case it saves you some time:

Thanks a lot!